Holistic, Hands-On Therapy for Chronic Pain
Holistic, Hands-On Therapy
If you have pain and discomfort that’s not improving even though you’ve tried a host of approaches, then here are a few possibilities that may be contributing to your not feeling better. These possibilities are often not detected or considered in the everyday world of conventional and complementary health care. Through a complementary system of health care called integrative manual therapy (IMT), assessment methods and techniques can very quickly and inexpensively assess to see if these possibilities would be worth while to consider. We also have a wide range of hands on techniques that can offer much help for most of the possibilities listed below. Also a homeopathic professional, an acupuncturist, and a holistic integrative medical doctor can offer help for some of these. Be careful here. For acupuncturist I have the most confidence in licensed acupuncturist. They have to have 4 years of training. There are many people calling themselves acupuncturist who might only have 100 to 300 hours of training. There are also people calling themselves homeopaths who are not as trained as a true homeopath who would have extensive education, training and experience. Same for an IMT therapist such as myself. It takes extensive education, training, and experience to be an effective IMT therapist.
Possible contributors often not considered or detected for people who have not been able to find solutions for their pain and discomfort:
- Electromagnetic toxicity (EMF): can be accumulated in the body from wifi-intense environments, computers, cell phones, frequent flying, and other sources. This can contribute to having head aches, general flue like aches and discomfort, feeling you are on the verge of getting sick much of the time, low energy and fatigue, poor mood and irritability, difficulty doing work that requires reading and analyzing, a sense of vaguely being out of sorts, and others. IMT offers a hands on protocol of techniques that can detect if this needs attention and quickly release if from the body.
- Gluten sensitivity: a common contributor to hip, low-back pain and sciatica, as well as joint pain, head aches, fatigue, tension and tightness, anxiety, poor mood, depression, difficulty focusing except for short periods of time, learning difficulties in a class room setting, general whole body discomfort, digestive issues such as bloating, inflammation, and inability to lose weight, and many others. There are certain compounding pharmacies that have comprehensive test to determine gluten sensitivity, other food sensitivities and allergies, various kinds of toxic loads, infections, mold, and others. Holistic, integrative medical doctors can give thorough well rounded integrative help in these areas of allergies, sensitivities, and toxicity as well. These professionals can give guidance for addressing what is discovered. There are reputable professionals who work with these situations in the Williamsburg / James City County region.
- Note: Lindsey, lets put the food sensitivities seen further down after the the gluten sensitivities then the high toxic loads
- Descended sacrum: often after an accident, fall, concussion, and others the sacrum can get stuck out of place down towards the feet and also have a constant tension or pull pulling of it towards the feet. This can contribute to a wide range of pain and dysfunction anywhere in the body such as TMJ dysfunction, chronic pain, low back, neck and neck with occipital pain, and shoulder pain, sciatica, stress, anxiety, digestive issues, migraines, tinnitus, eye problems, and others. IMT and cranial sacral therapy offers much help for descended sacrum and related problems.
- Cranial sacral system restrictions: the sacrum is a part of the cranial sacral system. Other than a descended sacrum, other cranial sacral system restrictions are common contributors of TMJ dysfunction, ringing in the ears, migraines, dizziness and vertigo, sciatica, low back and neck pain, impenetrable stress, chronic anxiety, certain depression situations, frozen shoulder, swallowing problems, and many others. Along with IMT I also specialize in cranial sacral therapy. Both help with this situation.
- Myofascial and muscle dysfunction: Can contribute to pain and discomfort that one can’t seem to have go away but for a brief period time. Sometimes this pain can be contributed to by emotional energy congestion in an area of the body. Emotional related physical pain in an area of the body can be released through non-counseling IMT hands on techniques usually quickly resulting in complete pain release that doesn’t reoccur.
- Food sensitivities: these can contribute to many forms of pain and discomfort, such as migraines, general aches and pains, chronic fatigue, anxiety, tension, poor mood, depression, digestive issues, difficulties with learning in a class room setting and others.
- High toxic loads: from heavy metals, pesticides, fumes, food preservatives, pesticides, chemicals, EMF, and others. These can contribute to much unexplained pain and discomfort that lead to misdiagnosis
- Sequestered emotional congestion trapped in specific areas of the body: This often is a problem that needs to be addressed in order to release chronic pain that doesn’t reoccur. IMT hands-on non-counseling techniques can detect and release emotional congestion and also PTSD loads. This therapy can help a person’s psychotherapy process go faster and be more thorough if they happen to be in therapy. IMT techniques for sequestered emotional congestion is just as effective for the person who doesn’t need psychotherapy. Sequestered emotional pain can exists weather one needs talk therapy or not.
- Residual effects of concussions: a host of unexplainable symptoms of pain and discomfort can show up years later that have a connection to concussions. I’ve experienced the release of head pressures that affected my sleep from having IMT concussion therapy.
- Blockages to healthy balanced energy circulation throughout the body. This can contribute to a general sense of “something not feeling right” that is causing fatigue, anxiety, stress, vague discomfort, feeling ungrounded, inability to think clearly, interference with memory, and other symptoms. IMT, cranial sacral therapy, and acupuncture are good for this situation.
- Active tension holding patterns left in the body from any kind of significant trauma: these can contribute to chronic postural problems, scoliosis, a wide range of pain, discomfort, and dysfunction.
- Impenetrable stress, tension, and anxiety. IMT and cranial sacral therapy are particularly effective at helping active tension holding patterns and impenetrable stress, anxiety, and tension.
Please don’t hesitate to call, text, or email if you have any questions.
Thank you for your interest.